Blephasteam Goggles

Which Dry Eye drops and gels/ oral supplements etc have worked for you?
Florence Isaacs

Blephasteam Goggles

Post by Florence Isaacs » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Has anyone tried Blephasteam Goggles? http://www.eye-products.co.uk/index.php ... cts_id=167

I read sometime ago in a newspaper that they worked. I wondered if anybody had any first hand experience?

Pink Floyd

Re: Blephasteam Goggles

Post by Pink Floyd » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:14 am

My mother has a pair of these goggles she got them recently in mathersons near alton. I visit her fairly often so i will ask next time i see her. I suffer from dry eye also so may even try hers out myself

Post by 742771 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Hello. I have been using Blephasteam goggles since August last year and they have brought me considerable relief . I have evaporative dry eyes, Blepharitis, and nerve damage from the laser used in surgery.
I use them once a day.
If you are considering purchasing a pair and you are a UK tax payer, as long as you are being treated by a hospital for CHRONIC Blepharitis, you can contact HMRC to purchase these ( and the rings) with out paying vat. Visit HMRC website, under disabilities, and there is a form you complete and submit to the company you purchase them from. If accepted it saves you about £40.

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:13 pm

I too have seen these goggles on Amazon. Do they actually work or offer any advantages over a hot flannel? I heard that simply heating of the lids is not enough, you need to clean them afterwards

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:59 pm

I have these goggles. They do make my eyes feel great after using but after regular use I have no long term benefit experienced. However they are great at making your eyes feel good for a short time . Seems they have helped others just my experience

SimonOptom

Post by SimonOptom » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:04 am

you need to find out if you have meibomian gland dysfunction or possble mites :)
your optometrist should be able to tell